You are hereAAA OBSERVING AT PROSPECT PARK
AAA OBSERVING AT PROSPECT PARK
The Amateur Astronomers Association of New York observes in Prospect Park, Brooklyn, one Wednesday evening a month from April through October. Enter at 9th Street and Prospect Park West. Proceed to the Long Meadow, adjacent to the ball fields. Observing is canceled if the sky is cloudy.
Chair: Ron McCullough
2014 OBSERVING DATES
(WEDNESDAYS DUSK TO APPROXIMATELY 11 P.M.)
Directions to 9th Street and Prospect Park West (X on the map below):
- From Manhattan: Take the Manhattan Bridge onto Flatbush Avenue directly to Grand Army Plaza. Exit the plaza onto Prospect Park West, and proceed to 9th Street.
- From the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway: Take the BQE to the 38th Street exit. Make a left onto 4th Avenue, and proceed to 9th Street. Turn right on 9th Street to Prospect Park West.
- Take the F train to 7th Avenue (at 9th Street). Exit the station at 8th Avenue and 9th Street (front of the train if coming from Manhattan). Walk one block east to Prospect Park West and 9th Street.
- Take the 2 or 3 train to Grand Army Plaza. Take the B69 bus, or walk 13 (short) blocks along Prospect Park West to 9th Street.
- Take the B, Q, or S train to Prospect Park (Flatbush Avenue and Ocean Avenue). Enter the park, and follow the Blue Trail across the park to the Bandshell.
- The B69 and B75 go directly to Prospect Park West and 9th Street.
- The B68 goes to Prospect Park West and 15th Street (Y). Walk up to 9th Street, or go through the park to the observing site.
- The B41 and B71 go to Grand Army Plaza. Follow instructions for the 2 or 3 subway (see above).